511 Traffic Systems in North Carolina
By dialing 511, you can access road information anywhere throughout North Carolina. This number allows you to obtain updated reports on road and weather conditions, traffic congestion, construction delays and detours, public transportation and even Amber Alerts.
After dialing 511, you'll be given the following menu of options which can be accessed either by dialing or voice activation:
- To access highway information say "Highways" or press 1 on your phone.
- To access public transportation, say "Public Transportation" or press 2 on your phone.
- To access weather conditions say "Weather" or press 2 on your phone.
- To access other services say "Other Services" or press 4 on your phone.
- To access other state 511 information, say "Other States," or press 5 on your phone.
After making your selection, you'll be prompted with more instructions on how to access the exact information you're seeking.
Should you be traveling and want to access 511, find out which states have 511 enabled. The site also has web links to each state, if available. Then simply dial 511 while you're in that state, or access 511 online.Other Topics in This Section
Be a Hero
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
heroes have registered as organ donors.