511 Traffic Systems in North Carolina
By dialing 511, you can access road information anywhere throughout North Carolina. This number allows you to obtain updated reports on road and weather conditions, traffic congestion, construction delays and detours, public transportation and even Amber Alerts.
After dialing 511, you'll be given the following menu of options which can be accessed either by dialing or voice activation:
- To access highway information say "Highways" or press 1 on your phone.
- To access public transportation, say "Public Transportation" or press 2 on your phone.
- To access weather conditions say "Weather" or press 2 on your phone.
- To access other services say "Other Services" or press 4 on your phone.
- To access other state 511 information, say "Other States," or press 5 on your phone.
After making your selection, you'll be prompted with more instructions on how to access the exact information you're seeking.
Should you be traveling and want to access 511, find out which states have 511 enabled. The site also has web links to each state, if available. Then simply dial 511 while you're in that state, or access 511 online.
heroes have registered as organ donors.