Replacing a Lost CDL in North Carolina
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
A duplicate CDL costs $10.
You should also report a theft to the police and to credit reporting agencies to protect yourself and your credit.
If your address changes from the address on your license, you must let the DMV know within 60 days after the change. You must also obtain a duplicate license showing your new address.
If you do not already have a CDL, or are just moving to North Carolina, please see Applying for a New CDL for information on obtaining a North Carolina CDL. Also check out Renewing Your CDL, Commercial Driver Education, and Commercial Driver FAQs.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.