- Location: North Carolina
Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in North Carolina
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Mopeds and Scooters
Mopeds and scooters, the tame cousins of motorcycles, are one and the same in the eyes of North Carolina's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Before you begin operating, you should educate yourself on what and what is not required.
In order to ride, you must be at least 16 years old. Owning a driver's license isn't required, but wearing a helmet is, regardless of age.
Other Stuff to Know
To qualify as a moped and/or as a scooter, your bike cannot exceed 30 miles per hour on a level service and it cannot possess an engine larger than 50 cubic centimeters. If your moped/scooter exceeds these standards, you must register it as a motorcycle. Otherwise you do not have to register it, have it inspected, nor have it insured.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard