Driver Handbook in North Carolina
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The North Carolina Driver's Handbook is a comprehensive guide to driving a motor vehicle in North Carolina. You can obtain a copy at any driver license office, or you can download it off the DMV website.
To read these manuals, you will need the free Adobe Reader. If you don't already have it on your computer, you can download it for free.
The handbook alerts drivers about important motor vehicle laws, while suggesting defensive driving techniques. It is important for your safety and for the safety of all other drivers on the road that you understand, and follow, the rules of the road and North Carolina law. It is also a great way for new drivers to prepare for their driver license exams.
The handbook also covers such topics as basic driving skills, driving under hazardous conditions, signals, signs, and pavement markings, sharing the road with others, and laws on driving while impaired. It also contains useful information about organ donation and vehicle registration and inspection.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Caves, Recalls 2.7 Million Jeep Grand Cherokees and Liberty SUVs
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting