511 Traffic Systems in Montana
Just dial 511 from any phone, including cell phones (assuming you're in range). After dialing 511, you'll be given an options menu along with instructions about how to obtain information for specific routes, towns, regions and even for Glacier National Park.
If dialing 511 doesn't work for you, try (800) 226-7623. Both numbers are toll free, and the second number will give you information about Montana road conditions, even when you're out of the state.
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) maintains real-time, accurate road information on its website.
Click before you head out for the latest on road closures, construction delays and travel advisories.Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It