511 Traffic Systems in Montana
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:America's Traveler Information Number, 511, allows you real-time access to Montana road information, any time of day or night. This handy number provides free, instant updates on weather forecasts, road conditions, construction delays, detours and more.
Just dial 511 from any phone, including cell phones (assuming you're in range). After dialing 511, you'll be given an options menu along with instructions about how to obtain information for specific routes, towns, regions and even for Glacier National Park.
If dialing 511 doesn't work for you, try (800) 226-7623. Both numbers are toll free, and the second number will give you information about Montana road conditions, even when you're out of the state.
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) maintains real-time, accurate road information on its website.
Click before you head out for the latest on road closures, construction delays and travel advisories.
Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.