Special Licenses in Montana
To qualify as a school bus driver you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be of sound moral character.
- Hold a commercial driver's license (CDL) with an "S" endorsement.
- Pass a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Have a first-aid certificate.
- Have a bus certificate, issued by a school superintendent, which serves as proof that you complied with all of the aforementioned qualifications.
Call the Office of Public Instruction at (406) 444-3096 with further questions.
A CDL is not required to drive a shuttle van or bus that carries 16 passengers or less, including the driver. Driver requirements are governed by each individual employer.
Montana does not employ a statewide requirement list to operate a taxi. Each municipality governs its own requirements, so contact your city clerk for information.
Statewide requirements do not exist. Contact your city clerk to inquire about specific licensing requirements that might be required by your town or city.Other Topics in This SectionTrue or False
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.