Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Salvaged Vehicles in Montana

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    MT Salvaged Vehicles

    Any vehicle damaged by collision, fire, flood, accident, trespass, or other occurrence to the extent that the cost of parts and labor makes it uneconomical to repair, fits into Montana's legal definition of a salvaged vehicle.

    Purchasing a salvaged vehicle can be a roll of the proverbial dice, especially if you aren't car-mechanic literate. There have been many documented cases of shady car dealers selling salvaged vehicles that cosmetically look factory new, but are mechanically corrupt. With the complicated electronic components of today's car engines, it's easy to hide a salvaged vehicle's flaws. It's a problem that Montana's Motor Vehicle Division, in conjunction with its parent organization the Department of Justice, continues to battle.

    To protect you the consumer, the State mandates a stringent application process for any person applying for a rebuilt salvage vehicle certificate. You will need:

    Insurance companies need to send a copy of the damage report to the Montana MVD within 15 days of receiving the title from the owner.

    Send the above documents to:

    Department of Justice
    Motor Vehicle Division
    Title and Registration Bureau
    1003 Bucksin Drive
    Deer Lodge, MT 59722

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸