Lost Traffic Ticket in Montana

SUMMARY: How to Find Lost Montana Traffic Ticket Information

If you lost your MT traffic ticket, you'll need to contact the Montana traffic court handling your traffic citation. To find ticket information, be ready to provide some personal information, such as your name, MT driver's license, and license plate number.

Keep reading this page to learn about lost traffic tickets in Montana.

Determine Where You Got Your Montana Traffic Ticket

Pinpoint where you received your MT traffic ticket. If you can't recall the exact location, narrow it down to county. You'll need to contact the Justice Court of the county where you were cited for the traffic violation to get information about your lost traffic ticket.

You may have to make a couple calls if you were ticketed near a town. Your MT traffic ticket may have gone to either the county's Justice Court or the town's City Court. Knowing the citing law enforcement agency will help. Traffic tickets issued by Montana's Highway Patrol, sheriffs' offices, or Fish, Wildlife and Parks Department go to county Justice Courts. Montana traffic tickets issued by local police officers are handled by Municipal Courts.

NOTE: If you're trying to find details about a lost parking ticket, you'll need to call the parking services agency in the city where you received the parking ticket.

Decide How You'll Plead to Your MT Ticket

Once you've retrieved your lost traffic ticket information, you'll need to enter one of two pleas:

Your traffic ticket plea must be entered before the appearance date on your Montana traffic citation. Lost traffic tickets will not be a valid excuse for missing the deadline date. Your Montana driver's license will be suspended and the traffic court may even issue a bench warrant for your arrest. Afterwards, the Montana Department of Justice (DOJ) will add points to your driving record.

NOTE: Hiring a traffic ticket attorney in Montana to help you contest your moving violation (e.g., speeding tickets, red light tickets, etc.) may be a good option.

Pay Traffic Ticket
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)

Learn more about
Paying Your Traffic Ticket »

Fight Traffic Ticket
(Plead Not Guilty)

  • Contest Missouri traffic citation via trial.
  • Choose to represent yourself or hire a traffic ticket attorney.
  • Possibly lose option to plea bargain for lesser penalties.
  • No penalties if found not guilty of the traffic violation, but must pay court/attorney fees.

Learn more about
Fighting Your Traffic Ticket »

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Lost Traffic Ticket in Another State?