MVD Driver Handbook in MontanaPage Overview
On this page, you’ll find links to various driving handbooks and manual available for download.
On the MT MVD website, you can download the Montana Driver Manual (Form 25-0100) to prepare yourself for the driver’s license written exam. Topics include:
Don't Forget an Online Practice Test!
- Rules of the road.
- MT driver’s license exams (skills and written knowledge).
- Traffic signs, signals, and road markings.
- Passing other vehicles.
- Speed limits.
- Safe driving tips.
In the MT driver’s manual, you’ll find a series of study questions so you can test your knowledge before taking the actual MVD exam. In addition, we suggest preparing with an online practice test.
Prior to applying for your commercial driver's license (CDL) in Montana, you’ll need to study for the MT CDL written and road skills exam. To get started, download the following manuals from the Montana MVD website:
- MT Commercial Driver License Manual (Form 25-0300).
- Commercial Pre-Trip, Skills, and Road Test Requirements (Form 20-0200).
NOTE: If you will be driving a school bus, the School Bus Endorsement Supplemental Manual (Form 25-1600) is also available online.
What’s in the Montana CDL Manual?
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) requirements and fees.
- Basic vehicle control.
- Trip inspections.
- Transporting cargo and passengers.
- Traffic violations.
- CDL suspensions and driver disqualifications.
The manual also offers study questions to help you pass the CDL written exam in Montana. For additional preparation, take an online CDL quiz.
To get ready for your motorcycle exam, you can download and study the Montana Motorcycle Supplement (Form 25-1500). It provides information about how to operate a motorcycle safely, as well as other topics, including:
- How to obtain your motorcycle license.
- MT MVD motorcycle skills test.
- How to avoid an accident.
- Use of hand signals.
- Riding within your abilities.
- Handling dangerous surfaces.
You may also find it helpful to take an online Montana motorcycle practice test.
The Montana Vehicle Code outlines all the laws related to driver’s licenses, highway safety, traffic violations, and vehicle titling and registration.
You may find it useful if you’re fighting a traffic ticket as it can help you understand your charge.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section