Driver Handbook in Montana
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.
The State's Motor Vehicle Division, in conjunction with the Department of Justice, makes every effort to assist you in qualifying for a driver's license by making Montana's official driver license manual readily available.
If you're feeling computer savvy, you can easily download the manual via PDF format in a matter of seconds. Or, if you're more the traditional type, you can pick one up at any statewide driver exam station.
This manual sheds light on all driving topics including:
- Registration procedures.
- Road sign identification.
- Adjusting speeds on slippery roads.
- Proper parking techniques.
- Driving through construction zones.
- The dangers and consequences of drinking and driving.
The Motor Vehicle Division also offers the commercial driver manual (see below).
In terms of information, this manual rates as must-have. All commercial driving topics are covered:
- Night driving procedures.
- Matching speeds to road conditions.
- The dangers of road rage.
- Proper braking techniques.
- Transporting hazardous materials.
- Inspecting doubles and triples.
- Registration and testing information.
Motorcycle riders can also check out the Montana Motorcycle Supplement. If you're looking to get a motorcycle license, this is a must-review item.Other Topics in This Section