Driver Handbook in Montana
The State's Motor Vehicle Division, in conjunction with the Department of Justice, makes every effort to assist you in qualifying for a driver's license by making Montana's official driver license manual readily available.
If you're feeling computer savvy, you can easily download the manual via PDF format in a matter of seconds. Or, if you're more the traditional type, you can pick one up at any statewide driver exam station.
This manual sheds light on all driving topics including:
- Registration procedures.
- Road sign identification.
- Adjusting speeds on slippery roads.
- Proper parking techniques.
- Driving through construction zones.
- The dangers and consequences of drinking and driving.
The Motor Vehicle Division also offers the commercial driver manual (see below).
In terms of information, this manual rates as must-have. All commercial driving topics are covered:
- Night driving procedures.
- Matching speeds to road conditions.
- The dangers of road rage.
- Proper braking techniques.
- Transporting hazardous materials.
- Inspecting doubles and triples.
- Registration and testing information.
Motorcycle riders can also check out the Montana Motorcycle Supplement. If you're looking to get a motorcycle license, this is a must-review item.Other Topics in This Section