- Location: Montana
Paperwork When Selling a Car in MontanaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
At the time you sell your car, you'll need to:
- Sign over the title to the new owner in front of a notary public.
- Though not mandatory, create a bill of sale listing the purchase price and terms of the car sale.
Department of Revenue officials highly recommend making copies of the completed title and bill of sale as a means of protecting yourself. And don't forget to remove the vehicle's plates.
If you're selling a car to which you've lost the title, you should apply for a duplicate title before initiating a sale.
Though a bill of sale is not required, it's in your best interest to create one for your records. You can easily download one from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard