DMV Appointments in Montana
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) offers an online appointment scheduling service for most driver related services in most cities. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services and, in other cities, at the Montana MVD you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Services Covered by the Montana MVD Online Appointment System
Appointments for exams can scheduled online.
Please note that if you are needing to schedule a road test you must have passed the required knowledge test(s) before doing so.
Canceling an Appointment
Call the Customer Service Center at (866) 450-8034 to cancel your appointment.
Suggested Times to Visit the MT MVD
If you must visit a MT MVD, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday