DMV Appointments in MontanaPage Overview
The Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) offers an online appointment scheduling service for most driver related services in most cities. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services and, in other cities, at the Montana MVD you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Services and Cities Covered by the Montana MVD Online Appointment System
Most driver services can be scheduled in the following cities:
- Great Falls
- Miles City
- Red Lodge
At all other driver exam stations you must wait in line.
Please note that if you are needing to schedule a road test you must have passed the required knowledge test(s) before doing so.
Canceling an Appointment
Call the Customer Service Center at (866) 450-8034 to cancel your appointment.
Services NOT Covered by the Montana MVD Online Scheduling System
- Stage III vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections
These inspections must be done through the driver licensing regional office.
If the exam station you wish to use does not offer online scheduling, you may walk in to take all tests with the exception of the Class A and B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) tests.
- For a Class A CDL driving test please call the Customer Service Center at (866) 450-8034 to schedule your appointment
- For Class B and C CDL driving test please call your local exam station to make an appointment
If you must visit a MT MVD, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section