- Location: Mississippi
Replacing a Lost CDL in MississippiGet Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
Should your Commercial Driver's License (CDL) wind up lost or stolen, it can easily be replaced. Simply grab your Social Security card (metal ones are not acceptable), another form of identification such as a bank statement, and $6 to cover the replacement fee, head to the nearest driver's license office that handles CDLs, and apply for a replacement, or duplicate, in person.
You may also request a duplicate online. This costs $10. You must:
- Know your CDL number
- Live at the address on record
- Pay using a Mastercard, Visa, or American Express, or debit card
If you don't live at the same address anymore, the license won't be forwarded. Then you must come into an office and re-pay the fee.
The system will tell you whether a visit to an office is needed. For example, if it can't find your photo or information.
Although you are not required by law to obtain a police report in order to replace your CDL, it is wise to protect yourself from fraud and future problems by playing it safe and reporting the license stolen or lost.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.