Personal Injury Attorneys in Mississippi
Hiring a personal injury attorney can mean the difference between the minimum compensation and getting what you truly deserve. It's important to know when you really need to seek legal assistance and questions to ask as you search for the right attorney to hire.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
You may have the safest car on the road, but you could still be involved in an automobile accident.
Injury and/or death, lost wages, and property damage are all potential results of the car wrecks that happen all too frequently. If you or a loved one is involved in one, you could face years of pain, heartache, and financial loss. In a situation like this, it's wise to consult with a personal injury attorney to avoid future problems.
Auto insurance companies can be your biggest headache after a wreck. Sometimes they will try to compensate you with the lowest amount possible. For example, they may only compensate you for your medical bills and not for other losses, such as lost wages or pain and suffering.
An experienced attorney can:
- Possibly get you a better settlement from the insurance company than you can do on your own.
- Represent you before a jury.
- Provide objective mediation for you.
- They can look at the case as a whole and determine if the payout is right, or too little, and advise you of the steps you should take.
- Provide a team to work on your case.
- This team may consist of investigators, consultants, and other attorneys.
You can deal with your insurance company on your own, but remember that they negotiate settlements every day and are more experienced than you. A personal injury attorney knows your rights and how to represent them with an insurer and in court.
While you can always benefit from the help of a personal injury attorney in MS, It's important to seek the help of a lawyer after an accident that involves any of the following:
- Major injuries.
- Significant medical bills and/or extended hospital stays.
- Unclear fault.
- Lost wages.
- Pain and suffering or other non-economic losses.
An attorney, specializing in personal injury law, or tort law, can act as a mediator between you and insurance companies or the parties involved. Interview attorneys before you hire one. You may want to ask the following questions:
- Do you have a lot of experience with cases like mine?
- How many personal injury cases have you won?
- Do you charge any fees upfront?
- What percentage of the money will you keep if you win my case?
- What if you don't win? How will you be paid?
- How often, and in what manner, will you communicate with me concerning my case? Phone calls, letters, emails?
- Will you settle out of court?
- How long do you expect this to take?
Many personal injury attorneys in Mississippi offer a free first-time consultation; be sure to ask when you call to make an appointment. Finally, don't hesitate to speak to several attorneys before settling on one. Like any service, it's always best to "shop around" before making a decision.