- Location: Mississippi
Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Mississippi
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Titling a scooter or moped with the Mississippi Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL) Bureau is optional, but you must register for a tag (license plate) if you plan to drive such a vehicle on the roadways. Most people go ahead and title the scooter or moped at the same time; you'll need a title to sell the vehicle.
The process is much the same as registering a motorcycle. You have seven days from purchase to register your bike with your local tax collector's office. You'll need to provide the manufacturer's certificate of origin if the vehicle is new or the original title signed over to you if you bought a used vehicle.
You'll also need to provide a bill of sale and a current odometer reading.
Because of soaring gas prices, many people are looking for alternative means of transportation that use less fuel. Street-legal scooters and mopeds make great choices, and they're fun! DMV.org provides you with many resources as you begin your own research into buying one:
For education and research:
- Transporting Your Motorcycle
- Electric Vehicles That Classify as a Motorcycle
- How to Fall/Lie Down the Bike
- Motorcycle Rallies/Events; Sturgis
- Scooters 101
- Must-Have Accessories
- Theft Prevention
- Finding a Trustworthy Mechanic
- Vintage Motorcycles and Scooters
For fun, check out:Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard