- Location: Mississippi
Organ Donation in Mississippi
- There is a staggering amount people awaiting an organ transplant in the United States.
- Donations in the highest demand include: heart, liver, kidneys, pancreas, lungs, intestines, eyes, skin, bones, heart valves and tendons.
- All major organized religions approve of organ and tissue donation.
- The organ waiting list is not divided by income or popularity; it is based on critical health need.
- Every attempt will be made at saving your life without consideration of your donor status.
- Organ donations will not disfigure your body and an open-casket funeral is still possible.
- Your family will not incur any expenses should you decide to be a donor.
When you are applying for, renewing, or replacing your driver's license or your identification card at a driver's license office, you can indicate on your application that you would like to be a donor.
Donors must be at least 18 years old. If you're under that age, your parent or guardian must issue their consent.
Be sure to tell your closest relatives of your decision; they will need to sign the donor paperwork upon your death and have the final say on your donation.Other Topics in This Section