Online Services in Mississippi
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Mississippi Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Mississippi Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Don't sing the Mississippi blues over having to take care of licensing or registration business. Instead, save yourself some time by taking advantage of some of the state's online driver and vehicle services listed below.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Mississippi Department of Public Safety (DPS). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby MS DPS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Pay driver's license reinstatement fees.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Submit a request for a duplicate drivers license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your identification card (your address must be current to renew online).
- Request a duplicate identification card.
- Pay your Mississippi traffic ticket online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
Mississippi Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a MS drivers license practice test.
- Take a MS drivers permit practice test.
- Take a MS commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a MS motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Mississippi Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Mississippi traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Mississippi Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Department of Revenue. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit your local county Tax Collector's office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Mississippi.
- Renew your vehicle registration online (only a few counties offer online renewal).
- Renew your boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain Mississippi license plates.
- Learn more on MS smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Mississippi that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.