Online Services in Mississippi
Don't sing the Mississippi blues over having to take care of those tedious driver and vehicle-related tasks. Instead, save yourself some time by taking advantage of the online services listed below.
Mississippi Online Vehicle Services
Vehicle services are handled either through the Mississippi Department of Public Safety (DPS) or the Department of Revenue (DOR). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving online vehicle services.
MS State Agency Vehicle Services
The Mississippi DPS and DOR can help you with the following vehicle services:
Third-Party MS Vehicle Services
You can go through a third-party vendor for assistance with the following vehicle-related tasks:
- Find car insurance.
- Compare the rates and plans of trusted car insurance providers in your area.
- Choose motorcycle insurance.
- Pick a motorcycle insurance provider that best fits your budget and lifestyle by comparing all your options.
- VIN check.
- Buy an extended warranty.
- Once your car's original warranty expires, there's no need to fret as long as you invest in a subsequent, extended warranty.
MS Record & License Services
From renewing your license to requesting a birth certificate, most of your license and record-related needs can be met online. Depending on the service and how soon you need results, you may either choose to go through the state's online services or through a third-party vendor.
MS State Agency Record and License Services
With a few exceptions (as indicated), the Mississippi DPS handles most license and record online services, including:
- Driver's license and state I.D. renewal.
- Order duplicate license or I.D. card.
- Pay driver's license reinstatement fee.
- Request driving records.
- Get vital records through the MS State Department of Health.
- Search for court records through the Administrative Office of Courts.
Online Services Through Private Vendors
A private vendor can help you with the following Mississippi record and license requests for:
- Name change.
- With just a single request, a third-party company can officially change your name across several government agencies.
- Driving records.
- Get your professional and personal MS driving records through a private vendor for quick and customer-friendly service.
- Vital records.
- A private company can give you speedy access to all kinds of vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- Let a third-party vendor do the bureaucratic legwork for you when requesting information about past court cases.
- Background checks.
- Ordering background checks on potential hires ensures your own personal safety and the safety of your business.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- Before driving out-of-country, you should have an IDP so authorities abroad can understand your driving credentials.
- Expedited passport.
- A private vendor will deliver your passport in time for any last minute travel plans.
Online Driver's Ed Services in Mississippi
Driver education is not offered directly through the state, though you can still go through vetted, third-party companies to access products like:
- Boater education courses.
- Driver's permit and license:
- Online driver license prep courses for:
- Practice tests and cheat sheets for:
MS Traffic Ticket & Legal Assistance
Take some of the stress out of dealing with MS traffic tickets and legal issues by using the online services provided by private companies, such as:
- Finding a DUI lawyer.
- Receive assistance while choosing a DUI lawyer who fits your budget and has a good track record in dealing with DUI cases.
- Paying traffic tickets.
- Save yourself some time by paying your traffic tickets online.
- Protecting your identity.
- Find some peace of mind by investing in a comprehensive identity protection plan provided by a trustworthy third-party company.
Miscellaneous Online Services in Mississippi
Couldn't find what you needed above? Check out the miscellaneous online services provided by the MS Department of Public Safety and other state agencies (as indicated):