Motorcycle Registration in Mississippi
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Registration for motorcycles is handled in Mississippi the same as it is for passenger vehicles. You have seven days from purchase to register your motorcycle with the State, or 30 days from establishing residence if you have recently moved to Mississippi.
To register your motorcycle, go to your county tax collector's office with the following information:
- Certificate of title, signed over to you by previous owner, or the manufacturer's certificate of origin if the motorcycle is new.
- Odometer reading notated on the back of the title if the motorcycle is a 1996 model or newer; if it is older, the odometer reading is not required.
- Appropriate fees. The state registration fees are $10. You'll also need to pay a privilege tax, ad valorem tax, and sales tax; the amount depends on the value of your bike and the county in which you live.
All motor vehicles, including motorcycles, must be inspected by the State of Mississippi. The cost of this inspection is $5, and once your bike passes, you are required to carry the certificate of inspection in your wallet or under the seat of your motorcycle. You can get your inspection done at local tire stores, auto shops, and car dealers. For more information, call (601) 987-1251.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.