Drivers with Disabilities in MississippiCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Mississippi residents who are disabled can apply for a Disabled Parking tag or placard. Simply download the Disabled Parking Application (Form 76-104) using Adobe Reader, then have a licensed physician or a nurse practitioner complete the first section. He/she must claim that one or more of the following describe your disability:
- You have trouble walking more than 200 feet without having to stop for a break.
- You are unable to walk at all without an assistive device such as a wheelchair, cane, or walker.
- You have lung disease and such difficulty breathing that your forced expiratory volume for 1 second is less than 1 liter by measurement of spirometry, or your arterial oxygen tension is less than 60 mm/hg on room air at rest.
- You use portable oxygen.
- You suffer from a cardiac condition that limits your functionality so much so that you are classified, by standards set by the American Heart Association, in severity as a Class III or Class IV.
- Arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic conditions greatly affect your ability to walk.
Mississippi collects a privilege tax, registration fees, ad valorem taxes and sales tax when you register your vehicle to receive a license plate. Therefore, there is no special fee for a disabled license. You will still need to pay your regular registration fees and taxes. Taxes are variable by county, so it's best to contact your local tax collector for more information.
Most states honor one another's disability plates and placards. If you're planning a trip out of state, you should be covered. If you have any questions about whether or not your plates or placard will be valid where you're going, check the laws of the state to which you'll be traveling, or refer to our Drivers with Disabilities section for that state.
If you have any questions about permanent or temporary plates or placards from other states being used within Mississippi, contact your local tax collector's office.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸