Defensive Driving in Mississippi
Defensive driving is a method of driving that minimizes the number of driving risks, using more advanced skills than just your basic training. When you employ defensive driving techniques, you become a better, safer, and smarter driver―one who is better prepared for the hazards ahead.
Most traffic schools teach numerous skills to help improve your driving skills. Some of the techniques taught in these classes include:
- Keeping a safe distance from other drivers.
- Looking ahead and scanning the area around you.
- Assuming the worst in other drivers.
- Using headlights and wipers as conditions warrant.
- Keeping yourself visible to other drivers.
- Slowing your speed when weather and road conditions are bad.
- Approaching and driving through intersections with caution.
- Recognizing dangerous areas or situations to avoid.
Be sure to check out DMV.org's Mississippi Traffic Schools page for more information about schools available in your area, and possible ways you can save money by attending one!True or False
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.