Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Name Change in Mississippi

    Mississippi Name Change Package - $29.95

    Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Mississippi. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.

    Get Started

    Continue »

    Name Change Package
    Includes Forms for:

    • Drivers License
    • Vehicle Title
    • Registration
    • IRS
    • Voter Registration
    • US Passport
    • Bank Notification
    • Credit Card Notification
    • Insurance Notification

    Summary: How to Change Your Name in Mississippi

    To change your name on your MS driver’s license, ID card, car registration, and title certificate, you’ll need to provide proof of the change to your local MS DMV office. Before doing so, make sure you've changed your name with the Social Security Administration. For replacement documents showing your new name, you’ll need to apply for duplicate copies, which requires a fee.

    Continue reading this page to learn how to change your name on your Mississippi Department of Revenue (DOR) records.

    Change Your Name with the SSA

    After you get married, divorced, or change your name for any other reason, you’ll need to notify the Social Security Administration (SSA) of your new name. (Some states require you to change your name with the SSA before you change your name with the DMV for verification purposes.)

    You will need to submit the following documents to the SSA either by mail or in person:

    • Proof of your name change, such as your:
      • Marriage certificate.
      • Court order.
      • Divorce decree.
    • Proof of your identity, such as your:
      • MS driver’s license.
      • Military ID card.
      • U.S. birth certificate.
    • Proof of your U.S. citizenship (if not on file) OR your U.S. immigration documents.
    • An Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5).

    The SSA will send you your updated Social Security card about 10 business days after they process your application.

    For a list of documents required to obtain a corrected Social Security card, visit the SSA website.

    Change Your Name with the MS DMV

    Once you have a new name, you’ll need to notify the Mississippi DOR and obtain updated documents (i.e. driver’s license/ID card, title certificate, car registration) showing your new name.

    Visit your local MS DOR office with proof of your name change, such as your:

    • Marriage license.
    • Court order.
    • Divorce decree.

    Contact the Mississippi DOR before your visit to make sure you have all the items necessary to complete your name change. Be sure to clarify whether original or certified copies of your documents are required.

    You’ll also need to provide additional documents and payment for your updated documents, including your title certificate and Mississippi driver’s license. For more information, visit our following pages:

    Fees to Change Your Name in MS

    Once you change your name on MS DOR records, it will cost you the following fees for replacement documents showing your new name:

    • Driver’s license: $11.
    • Identification card: $14.
    • Title certificate: $9.
    • Car registration: Contact the MS DOR.

    For more fee information, including accepted payment methods, contact the Mississippi DOR.

    Address Change in Mississippi

    If you’ve recently changed your address in Mississippi, you’ll need to notify the MS DOR in person. You will need to show proof of your new address, and possibly other documents and payment for replacement items.

    It’s important to notify the MS Department of Revenue (DOR) of your new address soon after you move to ensure you don’t miss any important correspondence.

    For more information, visit our Change of Address in Mississippi page.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.