Paperwork When Buying a Car in Mississippi
Get detailed VIN History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
When buying a car, you should get the title from the seller. Both of you must sign the title. If there is no space on the title for the purchase price, the seller must also provide a bill of sale.
After purchasing the vehicle you must have it registered within seven days.
You will need a title bond if no title is available. Call (601) 923-7640 for assistance.
A bill of sale is required for registering and titling your vehicle. You can, if needed, conveniently download a copy of this document from our Bill of Sale page.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.