Dealer-related Information in Mississippi
The state of Mississippi devotes an entire section of the state Code, 63-17, to laws and regulations concerning car dealers, salesmen, manufacturers and distributors.
Topics covered in the Code include:
- Creation, organization, and operation of the Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission
- Licensing, applications, and fees
- Grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of licenses
- Penalties and appeals
- Recovery of damages
The State also enforces a list of six regulations concerning car dealers. These regulations cover obligations of dealers, off-premise sale guidelines, and standards for salesmen.
Car dealers can advertise vehicles for sale, but the ad contents are governed by the state. The Motor Vehicle Commission provides a Guide to Advertising to help you format your ads.
Mississippi provides an updated list of active car dealers online. You can access this list to find licensed dealers near you.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.