Dealer Licensing in Mississippi
New Car Dealer
Becoming a new motor vehicle dealer in the state of Mississippi requires several steps.
First, you will need to complete a Dealer, Manufacturer, or Distributor Application. You may also apply online at the MMVC's Initial Application page. Along with the application, you may need to include any or all of the following:
- The $100 new dealer licensing fee.
- The online licensing application page lists other fees associated with different types of licenses (e.g. a manufacturer's license, factory license, etc.).
- Copy of franchise for each make of car you plan to sell.
- Copy of latest Financial Statement of each Principal and for the Applicant (Business).
- Biography of principals.
- List of your salesmen with associated license fee and a Application of License for Salesman of New Motor Vehicles for each one (fees are listed on the application form).
- Letter from lending institution addressing floor plan and business operation.
- Labeled photos or sketches of your place of business.
- Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission Bond of New Motor Vehicle Dealerin the amount of $25,000.
- Manufacturer's area marketing analysis.
Send the completed application and accompanying forms to:
- Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission
- 1755 Lelia Drive, Suite 200
- Jackson, MS 39216
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!