Dealer Licensing in Mississippi
New Car Dealer
Becoming a new motor vehicle dealer in the state of Mississippi requires several steps.
First, you will need to complete a Dealer, Manufacturer, or Distributor Application. You may also apply online at the MMVC's Initial Application page. Along with the application, you may need to include any or all of the following:
- The $100 new dealer licensing fee.
- The online licensing application page lists other fees associated with different types of licenses (e.g. a manufacturer's license, factory license, etc.).
- Copy of franchise for each make of car you plan to sell.
- Copy of latest Financial Statement of each Principal and for the Applicant (Business).
- Biography of principals.
- List of your salesmen with associated license fee and a Application of License for Salesman of New Motor Vehicles for each one (fees are listed on the application form).
- Letter from lending institution addressing floor plan and business operation.
- Labeled photos or sketches of your place of business.
- Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission Bond of New Motor Vehicle Dealerin the amount of $25,000.
- Manufacturer's area marketing analysis.
Send the completed application and accompanying forms to:
- Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission
- 1755 Lelia Drive, Suite 200
- Jackson, MS 39216