Bill of Sale in MississippiGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Enter Your VIN:
Mississippi car dealers customarily provide an invoice, rather than a Bill of Sale, when you purchase a vehicle. If your dealer stamps "This is a Bill of Sale" on the invoice and then signs it, you can use it as a Bill of Sale to register your vehicle.
If you buy a vehicle from an individual, take along a generic bill of sale and fill in the pertinent information when you buy the car. In some cases, this Bill of Sale will need to be notarized, especially when vehicles have had multiple owners.
A Bill of Sale is needed to register, title, and tag your car, so regardless of where or how you buy it, be sure to keep this important document. Your Bill of Sale should include the following:
- Date of sale
- Make, model, and year of vehicle
- Complete description of the vehicle (color, body style)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Odometer reading
- Buyer's full name and address
- Seller's full name and address
- Purchase price of the vehicle
- Signatures of buyer(s) and seller(s)
To assist you in finding a form, we provide links to generic forms from our sponsors.True or False
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.