Appointments in Mississippi
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety (DPS) Driver Services Division offers appointments for Commercial Driver's License (CDL) road tests only.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to a Mississippi Driver Services office. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our online services page.
If you must pay a visit to your MS DPS, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.