Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Missouri
Hiring a traffic ticket attorney can help you fight harsh fines and consequences associated with traffic citations. It's important to find the right attorney to help you in your fight. To do so, use our tips for hiring a traffic ticket attorney.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Dealing with traffic tickets can seem simple, but with increasing fines and penalties of traffic violation convictions, things can get very complicated quickly.
With the assistance of a traffic ticket attorney you can get through the complications and have a better chance of winning the fight against your traffic ticket.
With a solid grasp of local traffic law, an experienced traffic ticket lawyer can:
- Represent you in court or administrative hearings.
- Have your charges dropped or reduced.
- Help you avoid fines or have them lowered.
- Keep points from being added to your driving record.
- Help you avoid large increases to your car insurance premium.
Knowing that the consequences for accepting a traffic violation can be harsh, you can fight the ticket with the help of your traffic ticket attorney.
In Missouri, traffic violation convictions can result in:
- The addition of violation points on your driving record.
- Driver's license suspension.
- A substantial increase in your car insurance rates.
Driving Record Points
When you are convicted of traffic violations in Missouri, points will be added to your driving record. Point values vary by violation.
When you've accrued a certain amount of points, you face suspension of your driver's license.
Your traffic ticket attorney will work to keep points off of your driving record and can also defend you against a pending point suspension.
You can learn more about violation points by visiting our DMV Point System in Missouri page.
Driver's License Suspension
Your driver's license can be suspended due to certain violation convictions, regardless of points.
These types of violations are typically very serious charges and can include the following:
- Driving under the influence (DUI).
- Hit and run.
- Committing a felony while using a vehicle.
Major violations such as these can be very complicated to defend. Seek the assistance of a traffic ticket lawyer to help you against such serious charges.
Car Insurance Premiums
In Missouri, you must have car insurance in order to legally drive on public roads.
The cost of your car insurance policy is determined by several factors. One of the largest factors is your driving record.
Even a single traffic violation conviction on your record can increase your car insurance rates by hundreds of dollars.
An effective traffic ticket attorney will strive to keep your driving record clean and you car insurance premium low.
If you have decided to seek the legal assistance from a traffic ticket lawyer, use the following tips to help you in your hiring process:
- Ask for credentials.ÂÂÂÂÂ
- Research client reviews.
- Take advantage of free consultations to contact several attorneys and compare.
- Seek a traffic ticket attorney with extensive experience in the local justice system.