Replacing a Lost Registration in Missouri
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Sometimes it's tough to keep track of your registration receipt. If you need a duplicate because you've lost yours, contact your local Department of Revenue office for an application. Complete it, and the Missouri DMV will issue you a new registration receipt for $12.00.
If you're out-of-state and need a new registration receipt, call 573-526-3669 to have an application sent to your out-of-state address. Unfortunately, these forms are carbon-copied, and cannot be downloaded from the DMV's website.
To replace your Missouri license plates and/or license tabs, visit your local DMV office with:
- A completed Application for Replacement Plate(s)/Tab(s). This form MUST be notarized.
- A corresponding police report if you want the replacement fees waived.
- Appropriate fee (see below), if applicable.
- Single license plate - $8.50, plus $3.50 processing fee.
- Both license plates - $17, plus $3.50 processing fee.
- Single tab or set of tabs - $8.50, plus $3.50 processing fee.
NOTE: The above application process and fees also pertain to applying for the state's anti-theft enhanced security tab. These special tabs, however, are available only in a select number of DMV locations. Call ahead before applying. Otherwise, mail your application and fee to:
- Motor Vehicle Bureau
- Replacement Tabs
- PO Box 100
- Jefferson City, MO 65105
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.