Replacing a Lost Registration in MissouriCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Sometimes it's tough to keep track of your registration receipt. If you need a duplicate because you've lost yours, contact your local Department of Revenue office for an application. Complete it, and the Missouri DMV will issue you a new registration receipt for $12.00. You'll need to pay with a check made out to the Missouri Department of Revenue.
If you're out-of-state and need a new registration receipt, call 573-526-3669 to have an application sent to your out-of-state address. Unfortunately, these forms are carbon-copied, and cannot be downloaded from the DMV's website.
To replace your Missouri license plates and/or license tabs, visit your local DMV office with:
- A completed Application for Replacement Plate(s)/Tab(s) (form 1576). This form MUST be notarized.
- A corresponding police report if you want the replacement fees waived.
- Appropriate fee (see below), if applicable.
- Single license plate - $8.50, plus $2.50 processing fee.
- Both license plates - $17, plus $3.50 processing fee.
- Single tab or set of tabs - $8.50, plus $3.50 processing fee.
NOTE: The above application process and fees also pertain to applying for the state's anti-theft enhanced security tab. These special tabs, however, are available only in a select number of DMV locations. Call ahead before applying. Otherwise, mail your application and fee to:
Other Topics in This Section
- Missouri Department of Revenue
- Motor Vehicle Bureau
- PO Box 100
- Jefferson City, MO 65105
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.