- Location: Missouri
Replacing a Lost Title in MissouriCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Replacing a Lost Title
It's easy to lose track of those flimsy little papers. You can get a duplicate title if yours has been damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen. You can either download the Application for Missouri Title and License or grab a copy at your local office.
Make sure to do the following:
- Include your Missouri address.
- Mark that you are applying for a duplicate title
- If you are applying for a duplicate title because it has been damaged, you must include your current title.
- Under the "Notary-Dup. Title Only" section on the application, note the reason why you need a duplicate title and complete the applicable information.
- Last but not certainly not least, you have to have a notary witness your signature on the application.
Fees and Where to Send
Fees are $8.50 for the duplicate title and $2.50 for processing. Make your check or money order payable to Missouri Department of Revenue (no cash), and include your name, address, date of birth and driver's license number on the check itself. Send all materials to the following address:
Other Topics in This Section
- Motor Vehicle Bureau
- 301 West High Street
- Room 370
- PO Box 100
- Jefferson City, MO 65105-0100
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks