Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in Missouri

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Replacing a Lost Title

    MO Replacing a Lost Title

    It's easy to lose track of those flimsy little papers. You can get a duplicate title if yours has been damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen. You can either download the Application for Missouri Title and License or grab a copy at your local office.

    Make sure to do the following:

    • Include your Missouri address.
    • Mark that you are applying for a duplicate title
    • If you are applying for a duplicate title because it has been damaged, you must include your current title.
    • Under the "Notary-Dup. Title Only" section on the application, note the reason why you need a duplicate title and complete the applicable information.
    • Last but not certainly not least, you have to have a notary witness your signature on the application.

    Fees and Where to Send

    Fees are $8.50 for the duplicate title and $2.50 for processing. Make your check or money order payable to Missouri Department of Revenue (no cash), and include your name, address, date of birth and driver's license number on the check itself. Send all materials to the following address:

    • Motor Vehicle Bureau
    • 301 West High Street
    • Room 370
    • P.O. Box 100
    • Jefferson City, MO 65105-0100

    Note: if you have a lien on the vehicle, you will have to get a Lien Release form notarized. You can request this form from your local office or fill out an online request form.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctors first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More about Organ Donation ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸