- Location: Missouri
Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Missouri
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Scooters and Mopeds
Scooters and mopeds, if they fall under the category of "motorized bicycle," don't have to be registered. Missouri DMV officially uses the following criteria to define a motorized bicycle:
- Two or three wheels.
- Automatic transmission
- Motor with a cylinder capacity of less than 50 cubic centimeters.
- Motor produces less than three gross brake horsepower.
- Cannot have a maximum speed of more than 30 miles per hour on flat ground.
Registration, Licenses, and Helmets
While motorized bicycles don't have to be registered, you do need a valid driver's license to operate one. Currently, Missouri law doesn't require helmets, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Some local or municipal laws have different helmet requirements, so be sure to check.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard