Motorcycle Manual in MissouriPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page Overview
Missouri residents who wish to obtain the Class M license necessary to legally operate a motorcycle on Missouri roads will need to complete a vision screening, written exam, and on-cycle driving test. To assist applicants in preparing for the written exam, the Missouri DMV has prepared a Motorcycle Operation Manual. This comprehensive guidebook is available online or by request at your nearest driver's license station.
The purpose of the Missouri DMV's Motorcycle Operation Manual is to help drivers become familiar with the topics that will be covered on the written knowledge test. The manual discusses the following subjects:
- Choosing helmets, eye and face protection, and appropriate clothing
- Basic vehicle control
- Keeping your distance and riding within your abilities
- Sharing the road with other motorists
- Carrying passengers and cargo
- Coping with mechanical problems
- Driving under adverse weather conditions
- The effects of alcohol, drugs, and sleep deprivation on driving ability
While the Missouri Motorcycle Operation Manual can provide a general understanding of how to safely ride a motorcycle on the state's roads, only hands-on experience can truly allow you to develop the skills you need. For this reason, drivers are encouraged to complete a motorcycle education program that provides practical instruction as well as supervised driving experience.
Motorcycle education courses are offered through a variety of sources. However, only Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program courses are acceptable for drivers who wish to obtain a Missouri motorcycle license or permit. For additional information, please call the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program.
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip: