- Location: Missouri
Drivers in the Military in MissouriCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
If you're serving your county in the United States armed forces, the Missouri Department of Revenue appreciates your courage and commitment. To help reduce the stress associated with being stationed away from home, the DOR has streamlined the process you'll need to follow to renew your license or vehicle registration.
Missouri law allows active duty military personnel and their dependents who are stationed out of state to renew their driver's licenses by mail. The completed application form, all requested supporting documentation, and payment for any necessary fees should be mailed to the following address:
- Missouri Department of Revenue
- Driver License Bureau MIL
- P.O. Box 200
- Jefferson City, MO 65105-0200
Instructions and fees are on the form. If you have questions about how to renew your driver's license while serving in the military, please call (573) 751-2730.
In addition to the rules regarding license renewal, the DOR also has special procedures for residents who need to renew license plates while serving in the military out of state.
You may be able to renew online if your registration renewal card has a PIN printed on it, your county has sent property tax payment info to the DOR, and you have a major credit card. Otherwise, you must renew by mail.
To complete the renewal process, you'll need to mail the following to your nearest driver's license office:
Other Topics in This Section
- A registration renewal notice or application for license form (requested from the DOR).
- A General Affidavit declaring that your vehicle has been out of Missouri for more than 60 days.
- Paid personal property tax receipt, statement of non-assessment, or military Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) to verify military status and state of residency. If LES shows Missouri as state of residency, you must provide property tax receipt or statement of non-assessment.
- Proof of a valid automobile insurance policy.
- The appropriate renewal fee plus your $3.50 processing fee for a one year registration or $7 processing fee for a two year registration.
- A $5 penalty fee if you are submitting a late renewal.
- Practice Tests
- Insurance Center
- Driving Records
- Drivers License & ID
- Registration & Titling
- Vehicle History Reports
- Teens (Under 18)
- Drivers (18 and Older)
- Commercial Drivers (CDL)
- Motorcycle Riders
- Drivers in the Military
- Tickets & Violations
- Address & Name Change
- DMV Office Finder
- Forms & Publications
- Relocation & Movers Guide
- Safety & Driving
- Reports & Records
- DOR Guide