Name Change in Missouri
If you legally change your name, perhaps due to marriage or divorce, or if there's a mistake on your driver's license or ID card, you need apply for a duplicate with the correct name. Just take an acceptable document to prove your name change to a local office:
- Marriage certificate
- Court ordered documents (divorce decree, legal name change, etc.)
- Updated Social Security card with your new name on it
You may also be required to bring in other documents proving your identity.
If you change your name on your car title, you'll have to apply for a completely new title in your new name. You'll need the following materials to apply:
- A completed Application for Missouri Title and License (Form DOR-108).
- Your original title.
- Documentation to prove your name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, etc.)
- Payment for $11 new title fee.
Your registration will automatically change to your new name, once you get a new title.