Changing Your Address in Missouri
Changing your address?
Perfect time to compare car insurance rates.
1. Start Your Quote:
When you apply for a driver's license, Missouri law requires you to present proof of your identity, residency, and lawful presence in the United States. This information is used to ensure the accuracy of the Department of Revenue's (DOR) records.
There are several reasons why it is important to update your address after a move:
- The DOR sends out postcards to remind drivers when to renew their licenses. If your address is incorrect, you won't receive your postcard.
- The address on your driver's license is also used for vehicle registration purposes. Having the incorrect address listed may result in penalties for a delayed registration.
- As your driver's license is considered legal identification, emergency personnel will use the address listed to find your friends or family if you are ever involved in a serious accident.
To change the address listed on your driver's license records, complete a Change of Address Form and send it to:
- Missouri Department of Revenue
- Customer Services Division
- PO Box 100
- Jefferson City, MO 65105-0100
Although completing this form will update the Department of Revenue's records, it won't update the address listed on your driver's license. If you wish to obtain an license that lists your new address, you'll need to follow the procedure for obtaining a duplicate license.
If you have questions about changing your driver's license address, please call the DOR's Driver Licensing Division at (573) 751-2730. If you have questions about updating the address on your vehicle registration paperwork, please call 573-526-3669.
As an alternative, you can e-mail the DOR with your full name, MO driver's license number or Social Security number, your Missouri vehicle license plate numbers if any, and your old and new mailing addresses (including county) firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be forwarded to the appropriate staff members.
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.