Dealers Handbook in Missouri
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) does not have an official printed handbook for motor vehicle dealers, but there is a dealer information page with links to several valuable resources. If you're interested in selling motor vehicles in the state of Missouri, this is the page for you. A few of the topics:
- Dealer Operating Manual: This downloadable PDF file contains information about financial responsibility requirements, franchise agreements, inspection of records, lemon law refunds, and the proper use of dealer license plates.
- Electronic Sales Filing for Dealers: This short PDF file explains how to use the DOR electronic filing system to comply with the state's Notice of Sale (NOS) law.
- Titling Manual: Turn to this PDF document for information about how to obtain a legal certificate of title for the vehicles you are selling.
If you have additional questions related to vehicle dealer licensing requirements, contact:
- Motor Vehicle Bureau
- Dealer Licensing Section
- P.O. Box 43
- Jefferson City, MO 65105-0043
- (573) 751-8343
To request an application, fill out this form online.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.