Appointments in MissouriPage Overview
At this time, in Missouri, the only test you need to schedule an appointment for is the driving skills test when applying for a commercial driver's license (CDL). You may schedule this test by phone; please read the section below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR) you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
All driver testing in Missouri is done by the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Driver Examination Division. To take the CDL skills test you must book an appointment first. Simply call your local State Highway Patrol Troop to book your appointment. Please make sure you are on time and have the necessary documents.
If you must pay a visit to your MO DOR or State Highway Patrol, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday