Accident Guide in MissouriCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
For most accidents, you won't have to file an accident report. Instead, you'll just contact your insurance company. However, there are certain occasions where you will have to file an accident report with the DMV yourself. If all of the following are true, you should download a copy of a Missouri Accident Report:
- It has been less than one year since the accident.
- The accident was in Missouri.
- Someone in the accident did not have liability insurance.
- If more than $500 of damage occurred or there was personal injury or death.
Accidents can be traumatizing events, but don't let the stress of it cause you to break the law. Missouri has a set procedure drivers must follow in the event of an accident.
1. Move the vehicle off the road, especially if you're on a busy highway and there's a chance that other accidents may occur.
2. Check if anyone is hurt. Help the best you can without moving the injured person. Call an ambulance.
3. Call the police.
4. If there's traffic, or if the accident occurred at night or in bad weather, try to use flares, reflectors or flashlights to warn other drivers.
5. Exchange information with all involved parties:
- Driver's license number
- Motor vehicle information (VIN, plate number)
- Insurance policy number and name of company
6. Make sure to stay on the scene until a police officer tells you it's okay to leave.
7. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸