- Location: Minnesota
Voter Registration in Minnesota
Minnesota provides information about voter registration online at the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
Minnesota residents may register to vote when applying for or renewing their driver's license or identification (ID) cards.
To register to vote in Minnesota, residents must fill out a voter registration card and return it to a county auditor or Minnesota Secretary of State's office in person or by mail at the following address:
- 180 State Office Building
- 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- St. Paul, MN 55155-1299
Forms for voter registration in Minnesota are available at city offices, county courthouses, in your state tax booklet, and in some other public places.
You have the opportunity to register to vote when you apply for a driver's license or ID or when you renew your license. In addition, Minnesota voter registration forms are also provided online by the Minnesota Secretary of State, in six languages and large print.
You are eligible to vote if you are:
- A U.S. citizen
- A Minnesota resident for at least 20 days before the election
- At least 18 years old
- Not a convicted felon without your civil rights restored
- Not under guardianship "of the person" where you have not retained the right to vote
- Not found legally incompetent by a court
For further information about voter registration and the voting process in Minnesota, refer to the Minnesota Secretary of State.Other Topics in This SectionArticles