- Location: Minnesota
511 Traffic Systems in MinnesotaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
America's Traveler Information Phone Number, often referred to as 511, provides instant access to updated road information throughout Minnesota. By dialing 511, you can receive road and weather conditions, construction reports, and detour information.
The service is extremely driver friendly. Instead of pressing buttons, you can request a road report for the area you're driving in by saying the city's name. Say "Moorhead," for example, and you'll receive instant information on Route 10 and Interstate 94.
Or, you can request specific road reports by saying "route reports." You'll then be instructed to specify which highway or interstate you're traveling.
If you need instructions, simply utter "help." Or, if you need to replay a report say either "go back" or "repeat that."
The Minnesota Department of Transportation maintains a website, 511mn.org, with the same information. Check it out before you hit the road for the latest on road conditions, construction projects, weather forecasts, and major traffic incidents.Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It