Special Licenses in MinnesotaPage Overview
To drive a school bus, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a commercial driver's license (CDL) with a school bus endorsement
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Pass a driver history check.
- Pass a physical examination.
- Submit to a national criminal history check if you have resided in Minnesota for less than 5 years.
A CDL is not required if your shuttle van or bus is designed to transport fewer than 16 people, including the driver.
Any Minnesota resident born after December 31, 1976 must possess a snowmobile safety certificate in order to operate a machine.
Anyone born after July 1, 1987 must complete an ATV CD Training Course to legally operate an ATV within the state. Special training is also available for kids ages 11 years old to 15 years old, but the certificate won't be valid until the child turns 12 years old.Other Topics in This SectionOrgan Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸