Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • RV & Motorhome Registration in Minnesota

    MN RV & Motorhome Registration

    Motor homes and recreational vehicles (RVs) in Minnesota must be registered under the same registration process as other motor vehicles in the state.

    These vehicles, which include campers and mobile homes, are also described as "house trailers" by Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS).

    To register an RV or motor home in Minnesota, the following must be brought to a Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) location:

    • Current valid title.
    • If current valid title is not available, the current vehicle registration.

    Just as with other motor vehicle registration, if an RV or motor home's Minnesota title reflects a lien and it has been paid, you can submit a lien release at the same time that you register the vehicle.

    If the title on a Minnesota RV or motor home is being held by a lender, you are required to give the current registration card to DVS. If the RV or motor home is leased, you provide a copy of the lease agreement, or Power of Attorney from the lease company to you, the owner, including the lease company's Minnesota tax identification number.

    You must also provide the odometer reading on the vehicle, as well as your driver's license or other acceptable identification when registering.

    To register any vehicle in Minnesota, including an RV or motor home, you must provide the name of your insurance company and the policy number for your vehicle insurance. Registering a vehicle in Minnesota requires the owner to attest to proper insurance coverage.

    You must carry proof of insurance in your RV or motor home so you can provide it if requested by law enforcement officials.

    Minnesota DVS may be reached by phone at (651) 215-1328 or by email at: for questions about RV or motor home registration.

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.