Replacing a Lost Title in MinnesotaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Only the vehicle owner or a legal representative of the owner may apply for the title.
Your duplicate title will then be issued for $8.25, plus the $10 filing fee ($18.25 total). Should you find the original title later, return it to a DVS location.
If you apply in person at the Central Office, your duplicate title, in most cases, will be processed and issued the next day.
To apply by mail, send the duplicate title form and your payment to:
Other Topics in This Section
- Driver and Vehicle Services―Central Office
- Town Square Building
- 445 Minnesota St. Suite 168
- St. Paul, MN 55101
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.