Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in Minnesota

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    MN Replacing a Lost Title

    To replace a lost or damaged title, just complete the duplicate title form, and take it to a Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) location. Or, just fill out the form at the office.

    Only the vehicle owner or a legal representative of the owner may apply for the title.

    Your duplicate title will then be issued for $8.25, plus the $10 filing fee ($18.25 total). Should you find the original title later, return it to a DVS location.

    If you apply in person at the Central Office, your duplicate title, in most cases, will be processed and issued the next day.

    To apply by mail, send the duplicate title form and your payment to:

    • Driver and Vehicle Services―Central Office
    • Town Square Building
    • 445 Minnesota St. Suite 168
    • St. Paul, MN 55101
    Organ Donation Survey

    Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?

    Yes No

    Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.

    Update Your Organ
    Donor Information ▸