Replacing a Lost Title in Minnesota
Only the vehicle owner or a legal representative of the owner may apply for the title.
Your duplicate title will then be issued for $8.25, plus the $10 filing fee ($18.25 total). Should you find the original title later, return it to a DVS location.
If you apply in person at the Central Office, your duplicate title, in most cases, will be processed and issued the next day.
To apply by mail, send the duplicate title form and your payment to:
Other Topics in This Section
- Driver and Vehicle Services―Central Office
- Town Square Building
- 445 Minnesota St. Suite 168
- St. Paul, MN 55101
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸