Moving Out of State in MinnesotaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Minnesota does not issue registration refunds.
Minnesota does not require you to surrender your license plates, though you may do so at any branch location.
Organ Donation Survey
- Read our take on things, and make life a little easier for yourself.
- Apply for a new driver's license. After establishing residency, most states require that this be done within a set number of days, usually ranging between 30 and 60.
- Apply for a new registration. This too must be completed within a set number of days after establishing residency.
- Apply for new license plates. This generally coincides with the registration process.
- Apply for a new vehicle title. Unlike the aforementioned, this is rarely mandatory, but you will need to update your title if you ever choose to sell your vehicle.
- If you're a prospective new driver, you will need to check if your permit is honored in your new state.
- If you completed a driver education course in your old state, you will also need to investigate whether your new state will honor the completion certificate.
- Notify your insurance company of your move and provide a new address.
- Notify your leasing company, if your vehicle is leased.
- See if your new state requires any special vehicle inspections or emissions tests.
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸