Online Services in Minnesota
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Minnesota Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Minnesota Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Minnesota Auto Dealer Services
Minnesota's is proof there's more to the Internet than online games and Facebook. MN residents can now take advantage of a variety of online services, allowing you to conduct your business from the convenience of home.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby MN DVS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Check the status of your MN driver's license.
- Conduct a Driver's License Lookup.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Minnesota Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Schedule a road test appointment.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Enroll in a Minnesota motorcycle safety course.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a MN drivers license practice test.
- Take a MN drivers permit practice test.
- Take a MN commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a MN motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Minnesota Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a state-approved traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Minnesota Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby MN DVS office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Minnesota.
- Renew your Minnesota vehicle registration online.
- Check your tab's renewal status.
- Get info on the tax paid for a motor vehicle.
- Change the address of a vehicle registration
- Renew your MN boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Conduct a Vehicle Title Lookup.
- Obtain Minnesota license plates.
- Learn more on MN smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Minnesota that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Submit a report of sale to the state.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Minnesota Auto Dealer Services