- Location: Minnesota
Dealers Handbook in MinnesotaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Minnesota's Department of Public Safety provides a Dealer Guide. This 22-page booklet tells you everything you need to know about obtaining a vehicle dealership license.
This website, maintained by Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) is a great resource for dealers, and includes a link to the dealer guide.
The typical dealer licensing fee in Minnesota is $258.50, depending on the specific nature of your business.
What the Guide Contains
Within this guide, you'll find information in the following sections:
- General Information
- Temporary Dealer License
- Changes in Business Activity
- Change in Dealer License Conditions
- Dealer License Renewal
- Conducting Business
- Record Keeping Requirements
- Salvage Vehicles
- Dealer Held for Resale
- Reporting Sales to Out-of-State Buyers
- Sales Invoices/Purchase Agreements
- Consignment Agreements
- Used Vehicle Warranties and Lemon Laws
- Motor Vehicle Forms
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Dealers
- What is a Used Vehicle?
- Types of Dealer Licenses
- Where to Call for Help
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard