Dealers Handbook in Minnesota
Minnesota's Department of Public Safety provides a Dealer Guide. This booklet tells you everything you need to know about obtaining a vehicle dealership license.
This website, maintained by Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) is a great resource for dealers, and includes a link to the dealer guide.
What the Guide Contains
Within this guide, you'll find information in the following sections:
- General Information
- Temporary Dealer License
- Changes in Business Activity
- Change in Dealer License Conditions
- Dealer License Renewal
- Conducting Business
- Record Keeping Requirements
- Salvage Vehicles
- Dealer Held for Resale
- Reporting Sales to Out-of-State Buyers
- Sales Invoices/Purchase Agreements
- Consignment Agreements
- Used Vehicle Warranties and Lemon Laws
- Motor Vehicle Forms
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Dealers
- What is a Used Vehicle?
- Types of Dealer Licenses
- Where to Call for Help
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!