Dealers Handbook in Minnesota
Minnesota's Department of Public Safety provides a Dealer Guide. This booklet tells you everything you need to know about obtaining a vehicle dealership license.
This website, maintained by Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) is a great resource for dealers, and includes a link to the dealer guide.
What the Guide Contains
Within this guide, you'll find information in the following sections:
Other Topics in This Section
- General Information
- Temporary Dealer License
- Changes in Business Activity
- Change in Dealer License Conditions
- Dealer License Renewal
- Conducting Business
- Record Keeping Requirements
- Salvage Vehicles
- Dealer Held for Resale
- Reporting Sales to Out-of-State Buyers
- Sales Invoices/Purchase Agreements
- Consignment Agreements
- Used Vehicle Warranties and Lemon Laws
- Motor Vehicle Forms
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Dealers
- What is a Used Vehicle?
- Types of Dealer Licenses
- Where to Call for Help