Appointments in Minnesota
The Minnesota office of Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) offers an online scheduling system to book your road skills test. Before you visit a branch office save yourself time by booking an appointment first. Please read the section below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Minnesota DVS you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Services Covered by the Minnesota DVS Online System
- Schedule a Class D Road Skills Test
- Schedule a Motorcycle License Road Skills Test
- Schedule a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Road Skills Test
You can also schedule your road skills test by calling (651) 284-1000
If you must pay a visit to your MN DVS, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.