DMV Office Finder in Michigan
Michigan SOS Locations
Michigan SOS Office Branch Services
Your local Michigan SOS office branch provides services to assist you with tasks including (but not limited to):
- Car titling.
- Vehicle registration.
- Application for:
- State ID cards.
- License plates.
Don't Wait in Line—Go Online
You can avoid having to wait in line at the SOS office all day by taking advantage of time-saving tools such as:
- Online services provided by the MI Secretary of State and third-party vendors, which could possible save you a trip to the agency office altogether.
- Your local SOS office's appointment scheduler.
Third-Party Skills Testing Sites
In Michigan, all road skills exams are administered by third-party testers. This includes road exams for the following license types:
To find the skills testing site nearest to you, use the Michigan SOS driving test locator.
Contact the MI SOS
You have several options when it comes to contacting the MI Secretary of State's main offices.
To reach the SOS main offices by:
- E-mail—Use the web form on the Secretary of State's main contact page.
- Phone—Call (888) 767-6424.
- The phone lines are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mail—Address your letters to:
- Michigan Department of State
- Lansing, MI 48918
Choose a County
- Grand Traverse
Choose a DMV Branch