- Location: Michigan
Defensive Driving in MichiganThe first online driver improvement course to be court-approved in Michigan, MichiganDriver.com has helped hundreds of drivers keep the points from traffic citations off their driving record. Log on and off at your convenience at any time to complete this course. If you don?t pass, you don?t pay! Live telephone support and rush certificate delivery available.www.MichiganDriver.com
Enroll Now >>Page Overview
Defensive driving is a method of driving that minimizes the number of driving risks, using more advanced skills than just your basic training. When you employ defensive driving techniques, you become a better, safer, and smarter driver―one who is better prepared for the hazards ahead.
Visit the AARP website to find a course near you.
Some of the techniques you'll learn include:
- Keeping your distance from other vehicles.
- Keeping your focus―don't let yourself be distracted by cell phones, radios, electronic equipment, or other passengers.
- Slowing your speed when weather or road conditions are hazardous.
- Using headlights and windshield wipers as needed.
- Scanning the road 12 seconds ahead to stay alert for any hazards.
- Continually communicating your intentions with other drivers.
- Approaching and drive cautiously through intersections.
- Expecting the worst in other drivers.
Be sure to check out DMV.org's special section, Michigan Traffic Schools, to learn more about improving your driving skills―and possibly saving some money.Articles