DMV Appointments in Michigan
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
At this time the Michigan Secretary of State (SOS) does not offer any online scheduling services. To schedule appointments for tests you must call. Please read the section below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Michigan SOS you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Scheduling Your Driving Skills Test by Phone
In Michigan all driving skills test services are provided entirely by private third-party testers. Call your local third-party tester to set up an appointment.
Before calling to schedule a test you must obtain a temporary instruction permit from a Secretary of State office. Also, before scheduling be sure to ask about testing fees including initial and retest fees, refund policies, charges for improper documents, defective equipment and failure to keep your appointment as fees and policies vary for each testing site.
Suggested Times to Visit the MI SOS Offices
If you must pay a visit to your MI SOS, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday