Special Licenses in Maine
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
In Maine, you need a commercial driver's license (CDL) to operate a vehicle that accommodates 15 passengers or more , including yourself―the driver. Therefore, if you want to drive most buses and shuttles, you need a CDL.
School Bus and Passenger Endorsements
To drive a school bus, you'll need a CDL plus an S endorsement for an extra $10.
To drive a vehicle with 15 passengers or more, you'll need a P endorsement (also $10).
Both require a special written exam and road tests.
Driving vehicles that accommodate fewer than 15 passengers, including taxis and limousines, requires only a valid driver's license. The company that hires you to drive its taxis or limousines will explain any additional requirements, including special training and regulations set forth by the city or county.
You don't need a special license to operate an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) in Maine; however, if you're operating on land other than your own private land:
- You must be at least 10 years old to operate an ATV.
- If you are under 16 years old, you must complete a training course and an adult must accompany you while you ride.
- If you are under 16 years old, you can't cross a public way under normal circumstances.
The Maine ATV Laws and Rules fully explains all ATV-related laws in Maine.
Similar to ATVs, you don't need a special license to operate a snowmobile in Maine; however, if you're operating on land other than your own private land:
- You must be at least 10 years old to operate a snowmobile.
- If you are under 14 years old, you can't cross a public way under normal circumstances.
For more snowmobile-related laws, request a copy of the Maine Snowmobile Laws and Rules.
heroes have registered as organ donors.