- Location: Maine
Online Services in MainePage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Maine Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Maine Motor Carrier Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Maine Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Maine knows that, in Vacationland, your time is precious. Save yourself time with various online driver and vehicle services listed below.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) of Maine's Secretary of State. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby ME branch office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your Maine driver's license online.
- Request a duplicate driver's license or ID card online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your Maine identification card online.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a ME drivers license practice test.
- Take a ME drivers permit practice test.
- Take a ME commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a ME motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Maine Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Maine traffic school course to enhance your driving skills.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Maine.
- Order an over limit permit.
- Maine International Registration Plan (IRP).
- Maine Unified Carrier Registration (UCR).
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) of Maine's Secretary of State. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby ME branch office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Maine. You can also register a new vehicle online.
- Renew your ME vehicle registration.
- Order a duplicate vehicle registration certificate (this does not include duplicate license plate stickers).
- Renew your trailer registration.
- Replace a lost or damaged title.
- Obtain Maine license plates.
- Order a vanity license plate online.
- Learn more on ME smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Maine that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Pine Tree State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.